Happy Thursday, Conroe-Montgomery County! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening around town today.
First, today’s weather:
Humid and partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 94 Low: 74.
Here are the top stories today in Conroe-Montgomery County:
- Residents of Tamina, a small unincorporated community roughly 35 miles north of Houston, have long fought a battle for water and sewage infrastructure in their town. There’s a glimmer of hope as the Federal Infrastructure Bill could provide an avenue to improving that infrastructure and restoring historic sites in the area. (KXXV News Channel 25)
- Labor Day is just around the corner, so why not pack up some food and camping gear and spend a weekend relaxing in the great outdoors? Here is your guide to reserving camping spots at state parks, lakes and camping grounds in and near Montgomery County. (Conroe-Montgomery County Patch)
- As the delta variant continues to cause COVID-19 indicators to surge, Montgomery County reached several records this week. Active cases, cases in children and COVID-19 patients in ICU beds have never been higher in the county. (Conroe-Montgomery County Patch)
- Kobas Four Paws Institute LLC, which offers dog training and boarding, has moved from its Conroe location to a bigger building in Montgomery. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- East Shore Salon and Medspa celebrates its first anniversary in The Woodlands after opening its store in August 2020. (Community Impact Newspaper)
Today’s Conroe-Montgomery County Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes over 8,800 local florists in communities around the country. Send flowers to someone you care about today and get a 15% discount on your order. Click here to make someone feel awesome.
Today in Conroe-Montgomery County:
- Destination Imagination Parent Awareness Night — Mitchell Intermediate School. (6 p.m.)
- Shadow Puppet Theatre: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom — The Woodlands Children’s Museum. (11 a.m.)
- Sixth Grade Band Instrument Drive Night — Greenleaf Elementary School. (4:30 p.m.)
- Running of the Bells — Magnolia Intermediate School. (6 p.m.)
- Sterling Ridge Village Association Meeting — The Woodlands Township. (7 p.m.)
Conroe-Montgomery County Patch Notebook
- MCAS Animal Shelter Conroe, TX: “The shelter is temporarily closed for intake. If you are able to hold onto your dog for awhile, but would like to get them entered into the system and receive vaccines please reach out to staff for help. Shelter.email@example.com.” (Instagram)
- Visit The Woodlands: “Shop at Market Street now has a Little Free Library! Children and adults are welcome to visit and enjoy a book free of charge. The Little Free Library can be found near the Splash Pad.” (Facebook)
- The Players Theatre Company: “‘What have I told you about wearing pigtails?! I HATE pigtails!’ Matilda the Musical runs September 3-19! Tickets can be purchased here: https://tinyurl.com/3v2k4xsy.” (Facebook)
- Montgomery County Food Bank: “Montgomery County Food Bank is humbled and honored to be one of the charities chosen by The Howard Hughes Corporation in their Fall Giving Drive. For every new home purchased in Bridgeland and The Woodlands Hills in September, Howard Hughes will donate $500 to one of the five chosen charities – selected by the home buyer.” (Facebook)
- Visit Conroe, Texas: “You don’t just have to explore Sam Houston National Forest by foot! There are mountain biking trails for you if you’re craving a little bit more adrenaline!” (Facebook)
You can get your local business featured in this spot in the Conroe-Montgomery County Daily for just $79 per month. Click here to get started.
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Thursday! I’ll see you soon. If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Jeffrey Perkins
About me: Born in San Antonio, I was raised in Arkansas but got back to Texas as soon as I could to attend Texas A&M University, where I earned a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Media Studies. I started my journalism career as a copy editor at The Eagle in Bryan, Texas, in 2014 and later became the high school sports beat writer for the paper. My seven years at The Eagle strengthened my passion for journalism, and I love getting to know people and telling their stories, both on the field and off. I’ve seen firsthand the importance of hyper-local journalism in a community, especially in an eventful 2020, when I helped with news coverage and design in addition to my high school athletics beat responsibilities. I joined Patch in 2021 as Texas Field Editor for the Conroe-Montgomery County area. I welcome your questions, comments and story ideas! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 264-5801.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Conroe-Montgomery County Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at email@example.com.